1511 El Rancho Dr.
Sun City Center, Florida 33573
FRIENDSHIP BAPTIST CHURCH
WEEK MESSENGER October 1, 2023
Sunday Service 72
Wednesday Bible Study:
Tithes & Offering
Arline Messenger 5
Becky Molnar 22
Barbara DiSalvo 25
Pearl O'Steen 30
Dave & Sherre Ungar 2
Buck & Shirley Nash 19
Special Prayer Requests:
1. Chuck Stieb great grandson Little Lee(health)
2. Estalene's brother and sister-in-law.
3. Frances SanMartin and brother(health)
4. Eddie Sacks (Parkinson's) Rita's brother-in-law
5. Wilma Wells(health)
6. Joanne Shoemaker (health). 8. 7. Julie Bochman (colon cancer & spiritual) Donna Igo's friend.
8. Pastor Ungar, Sherre Ungar and Linda Ungar(health)
9. Mary Fisher (health)
10. Becky Molnar (neuropathy & plantar fasciitis)
11 Ashley & Melissa (unspoken) Melton's granddaughters
12. Estalene Hargis (health)
13. Gary Igo (health)
14. Dessie Mahoney (health)
15. Rick Blanton (health) Judy Shea's brother
16. Tim (health) Melton's son-in-law.
17. Delna Dail (kidney disease)
18. Norma Everett (health)
19. Jane Partin (parkinson's) George's sister-in-law
20. Danny Tabor, Chuck Stieb's friend
21. Travis Mullen (brain damage) Lynne's son
22. Bill Schwanger (dementia) prayers for Joan as caregiver
23. Ken Null (Parkinson's)
24. Twila Bond (health)
25. Betty Parsley (heart)
26. Tom & Ann Dominicak (loss of son)
27. Michael Roberts (chemo) and for Mearl as caregiver.
28. Steve McAfee (dizzy spells) Ron McAfee's son
29. Bob Bitner (eye surgery)
30. Jo Anne Bitner (recovering from hernia surgery)
31. Ella Mund (hospital in TN) Pat Buell's cousin
32. Barbara DiSalvo (loss of husband)
33. Reggie Lanoue (kidney issues)
34. Blythe Hurley (brain pseudo-anuerysim) Marie Everett's niece
THOSE IN NEED OF SALVATION
Michael, Gwen's grandson
Kenny Vance, Linda's brother
Dave, Becky's friend
Mike Bates, Joyce's husband
Al Molnar, Becky's husband
Jane, Lynda Thomason's friend
Pat Shea Jr.
Dail family members
McAfee family members Joe Harris, Adell's brother
Sue Stevens, Peter Mills' sister
Ed Mahoney, Dessie's husband
Andy, Becky's brother
Ray Mullen & family members
Ungar family members
Melton family members
Angela Wilson, friend of Shea's
Daily Prayer Concerns
Sunday School Teachers
Committees & Chairpersons
Visitations & Building Program
Our President, Our community, Our Nation, Nation's Leaders
Our Community Sister Churches
Troops & Families Military Chaplains
All of our Missionaries
Stop abortions Cure for cancer
Christians being persecuted
Protect elderly from scams
Law Enforcement First Responders
Peace in Israel
Cure for COVID
CLICK ON APPORPERATE UNDERLINED LINK
October Missions Focus
We are blessed to live in a country where we can share the Gospel with a lost and dying world, but it is not always permitted in other parts of the earth.
In 1813, Adoniram Judson and his wife arrived in Rangoon, Burma. They spent years learning the Burmese language, due to the number of dialects.
In 1817, he finished the translation of the book of Matthew; he wrote tracts, clear statements of Bible truth, and gave them out discerningly and prayerfully. Because of this he located his first serious questioner after the truth.
In 1819, Judson ventured to preach his first message and he baptized his first Burman convert and the work grew from there.
By the time Judson died in 1850, he had translated the entire Bible into Burmese. During this time he was widowed twice, lost a child and was imprisoned for being an English spy, but he pressed on.
Fast forward approximately 200 years to a young Burmese evangelist with a desire to share the gospel. He was also imprisoned but during that time was blessed to see one lady and one man come to know Jesus.
Today Burma is known as Myanmar and there are nearly 3 million believers and counting. There are still more to be reached.
Most believers in Myanmar are generational believers, claiming Christ in Name only. Pray that recent tragedies with the civil war will cause them to be desperate for Christ.
Pray that believers will seek God in prayer and though His Work more than they ever have before.
For centuries the church in Myanmar has been very slow to grow. Most believers have never shared their faith with their family friends. Pray they would be bold to share the hope they have as everyone around them struggles in despair.
Sunday School @9:00 a.m.
Morning Worship @ 10:00 a.m.
Missions in Action Tuesday (visitation) at 10:00 a.m.
Bible Study Wednesday @ 10:00 a.m.
Pastor Appreciation - October 7th @ 12:00 p.m.
October 11th (immediately following Bible Study)
Lord's Supper - October 29th
Remote Car Races Every Saturday @ 8:00 a.m.
(Track Behind the Church - Bring a Chair)
Chair Exercise Every Thursday at @10:00 a.m.
Lunch Bunch - 3rd Friday (11:30 am meet at Chruch to carpool)
Woody's River Roo, 5717 18th Street East, Ellenton
Trip to Detweiler's Market after lunch
Women's Missions and outreach Ministry (WMOM)
3rd Saturday from 1:00 pm to 2:30pm
Prayer time every Thursday from 11:30 -1200
Starts October 5th
Mary and Martha Bible Study every Thursday from 12:00 pm - 1:30 PM
Starts October 5th
Christian Fellowship every Tuesday at 12:30 pm
McDonalds in SCC